Sign up here. If you live outside of San Francisco or in a neighborhood where we don’t operate, let us know where you’d like us to expand. Most sign-ups are processed instantly, but it may take a few hours to review your driving record before your very first booking.
Subscribe to 4, 8, or 12 days per month with 1 month rollover of unused days. The base rate is for Toyota Corolla hybrid or Prius use – premium models are an extra $29/day. You can book up to 30 days in advance with $19/day extra for holidays or weekends. Additional days over your credit are $89-109 per day, depending on your plan. Cancellations less than 24 hours before the start of your trip will result in forfeiture of a day credit or the cost of the trip.
You can cancel your plan with 30 days notice. There is no minimum commitment. Upgrades or downgrades to plans have a 3-month minimum commitment. If you do cancel your plan, unused credits are lost, and we don’t issue refunds for partial months. Unused days have no cash value and are non-refundable. Changes to plans will take effect at the next billing cycle.
- Be a member of Upshift in good standing.
- Do not use the vehicle for a purpose prohibited by the Upshift Membership Agreement.
- Drive in accordance with all highway and other applicable laws and regulations.
- Have a valid driver’s license (either US or foreign).
- Report to us any moving violation that you have incurred since becoming a member.
- Continue to meet the Driving Record Requirements in the Upshift Membership Agreement.
- Never drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs that may adversely affect your ability to operate the vehicle, or do anything that would impair your ability to use the vehicle.
We know. Some months you drive more and some months you drive less! That’s why unused days in your account rollover from one month to the next. The current month days are used first followed by rollover days are if your trip requires more. Unused rollover days expire if not used in the second month.
Yes! We can pause your membership for $49/month. Any days in your account will be retained until you reactivate your account. There is a 3 month minimum when pausing and you will not need to pay another activation fee when you reactivate.
We’d hate to see you go but you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request to cancel your plan. We require 30 days notice for cancellations. If this goes into another billing cycle, then your plan will cancel after the end of that new billing cycle. Any unused days will expire once your subscription ends. If you restart your membership more than 1 year after cancelling, you will be subject to a new activation fee. You can also pause your membership for $49/month to retain your days and then restart when you are ready with no reactivation fee.